Even when it’s bad look for the good. You’re outside in fresh air, connected to the environment and community around you. Your body is moving and working.
It often helps to be aware of things that make you smile or bring you comfort about your riding. Rituals and routines comfort us. Try some of the things on the following list
- ride at a time of the day that you enjoy or the same time of day every time you ride
- chose to ride to a place that you like or to see things you enjoy. A place for stopping or having a coffee
- wear clothing that makes you smile or prepares you for riding. A top that is your favourite colour, a pair of socks you wear every time you ride
- balance frequency vs duration. It is often a better plan to go for smaller rides more often
- talk to people about your riding and ask lots of questions. Find an advisor or someone you trust to help you with any problems