What are goUnders – Padded Bike Underwear?
goUnders are performance underwear to be worn when you ride a bike to support bike seat comfort. They have a chamois (padding) sewn into them. This chamois is meant to be worn against your skin and will sit between you and your bike seat to provide cushioning. For the best results no other underwear should be worn. Designed by goRide and made in New Zealand for bike riders of all abilities from casual to confident. goUnders are available in a range of styles and sizes There is a goUnder solution for everyone in the family..
goRide wants everyone who chooses to ride a bike to be comfortable and enjoy their riding. You shouldn’t be forced into wearing something you don’t want to (lycra bike pants), to achieve bike seat comfort. If you wear goUnders your padding is in your underwear and this opens up the options of what you can wear when you ride. You can choose your riding clothing based on the weather, your level of activity, your destination and your mood. Helping you be confident and comfortable both on and off the bike when you ride. We hope goUnders help you and your family SMILE when you ride.
Eight Reasons to Wear goUnders
- Design – specifically designed for biking with padding (a chamois) sewn in. Designed by people who ride bikes. There has been a lot of care and attention to detail to create a fitted bike underwear that will be comfortable to wear and perform through years of use.
- Flexibility – they offer complete flexibility on what you wear when you bike. The padded underwear are worn under your riding clothes of choice, everyday or recreation/activity clothes. You get to choose clothes from your wardrobe that suit the weather, your level of activity, your destination or your mood.
- Options – goUnders are available in different styles for the whole family. Options for women, men, youth, boys and girls.
- Fitting – designed to be a fitting underwear, to keep your chamois in the right place. It won’t move, slide around or sag. The fabric contains lycra for stretch and compression, to mold to a variety of body shapes.
- Fabric – the fabric has an amazingly soft cotton feel so it is great next to your skin. It is breathable and moisture wicking and sustainably produced.
- Padding – sewn into the goUnder and known as a chamois. The chamois provides the cushioning and comfort on your bike seat. The chamois are imported from a world leading Italian company (Elastic Interface). To optimise the comfort on the bike seat our goUnders are available with different chamois. Match the type of chamois to the type of riding you do and the length of time you ride. Learn more at How to choose the right chamois
- Sizes – we offer an impressive size range from a Kids X-Small to an Adult Size 22. We really enjoy helping heavier riders find a comfort solution.
- NZ Made – designed and made in Nelson, New Zealand. We produce in small batches and are constantly updating our stock. We have the flexibility and ability to respond to customer requests.
How to wear goUnders
They become the underwear you ride in. The padding (chamois) sits directly next to your skin. Do not wear normal underwear with them. This is important as any additional seams and fabric under your goUnders can cause chaffing and moisture retention and cause issues. You can then ride in a huge range of clothing, through all the seasons and in all kinds of weather. Choose clothing that allows movement and won’t get caught in any moving parts of your bike…
What style is right for you?
goUnders can be worn by the whole family. There are different styles and sizes to suit your shape and your riding. See the Style Guides or the list below…
For Kids (3yrs to 10yrs)
- Boxer style goUnders for Boys or Girls. Sizes XS- L
For Youth (11yrs+)
- Youth Girl – Boyleg style. Sizes S & M Youth.
- Youth Boy – Boxer style (coming soon – Winter 2022). One size
- Full Brief style with a mid waist or high waist. Option of a minimal or endurance chamois. Sizes 8-22 in high waist. Sizes 8-18 in mid waist
- Boy Leg style with an all round chamois. Sizes S-XL
- Boxer Style (coming soon – Winter 2022). Sizes S-3XL
Style Guides – Use our Style Guides to help with the right goUnder solution for you and your family.
Your bike riding success is different to others… use our stories and support, get the right solutions.
Support and inspire other riders and families to ride
Share your riding outings, adventures and experiences on our quick and easy question and answer forms. Join us in helping others ride bikes. All entries receive a free shipping coupon and go into our seasonal prize draw.
goRide supporting women and families to SMILE when you ride